[ale] Poodle and SSLv3 and java/tomcat/SLES OES mess

David Millians millia at panix.com
Fri Oct 17 13:33:54 EDT 2014

ObBias:I hate java.
ObStateOfMind: Now, more than ever.

In remediating poodle, I'm now at the point on Sprockets where I have to
deal with java. Or tomcat. Or whatever the hell in this mess of
thousands of files is actually doing some serving. It's a SLES/Novell
thing all under /opt. It doesn't appear that you configure it under
/etc. No, that would be cheating. Also, jsvc.exec has no man page. Good
Lord, you should see these two process lines.

I hate Java. I hate that they named it after a beautiful place. I hate
that I can't articulate how much I hate it. I hate that I hate it hate
it hate it.

Also, stupid cartoon character logo. And their mother dresses it funny.

The obligatory Goog is insufficient to get me to a point to even START
figuring out where I go to kill off the appropriate ciphers. Can
somebody just point me to the right words to start?

/we hates it, yes we does.