[ale] Why Dual-Booting Sucks ...

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 11:13:22 EDT 2014

On 10/17/2014 10:09 AM, JD wrote:
> When it is more convenient, running badblocks must happen just to fight bit-rot.
> The machine is over 3 yrs old and Windows hasn't been reinstalled - just shifted
> and migrated to a larger HDD ($40 buys a lot of storage) a few years ago.
when I started to get bad blocks on /home a while back ( single-disk win
7 +Linux) I installed the 2 GB 2nd drive, ported /home to it & /.. redid
/dev/sda...

> For creating images which I only do for Window (NEVER, EVER, Linux), I've used
> both partimage and fsarchive.  Some partimage "image files" are backed up on
> other storage around here ... let me check ... er ... I did have it backed up.
 I also do clonezilla images, and have restored one using that , like
when I moved linux "/" to /dev/sdb1 .
I do daily  fsa backups & rsyncs from sda to sdb & vice versa.. so if 1
drive fails, I have a backup on the other. except for windows.. I should
do a clonezilla for windows.. hmm...

--
Paul Cartwright