[ale] Why Dual-Booting Sucks ...

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 06:21:43 EDT 2014

On 10/16/2014 05:07 PM, JD wrote:
> After 30+ minutes of Win7 x64 patches today, I dutifully rebooted a laptop.
> After the BIOS and memory checks, there was the GRUB RESCUE prompt staring at me.
yeah, that is the one gotcha for dual-booting, Dell's for sure. You lose
the restore option, even if you left the restore partition on the HD..
I have not figured out how to make an ISO to restore the HD to original
windows, after doing the dual boot, but thankfully I have never had to
do that. maybe the thing to do would be to put a second disk in, clone
it, then make it dual-boot.. ah next time:) windows 10:)

--
Paul Cartwright