[ale] [Semi-ot rant] Why is obtaining a cell phone battery such a degrading experience?

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue Oct 14 15:57:26 EDT 2014

I've actually had good luck with batteries from Amazon, doing the same as below. I got a new battery for my Droid for $9.98, and my wife got one for her basic circa 2008 phone for I think under $9. They were "Lenmar" aftermarket and sold by Amazon themselves, not someone else just selling through Amazon. I ended up upgrading to a newer phone 10 months later, but she has been using the aftermarket battery for over 1.5 years.