[ale] [OT] Noise cancelling headphones?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Oct 14 10:46:10 EDT 2014

I've traveled for years with some Shure earplugs. They DO NOT block the jet
engine rumble. So it appears that I disagree with the quote below.
OTOH, the Shures did work fine in an office. They are built to last - much nicer
build quality than the other earplugs.

For aircraft use, active cancellation is needed. I've not needed to change the
AA battery in 60 hrs of use. Perhaps during the next trip? It is about time.

So - it depends on the environment where these will be used.
Plus, the active canceling can be turned off and the earplugs still work - no
hum. On travel, I don't bring the Shures anymore.

I still bring normal earplugs for sleeping, however. This country boy can't
sleep in places with city-noises all night. I need the crickets or nothing.