[ale] SOLVED Re: Slackware 12.0 installation scripts

David S Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 20:12:54 EDT 2014

Okay, just to close this out...

I wrote a script to go into the slackware/ directories and test
installation targets on the target box.  If the install crapped out then
the target file has a zero length.  This script basically told me where
the install ran out of space.  After clearing more space, I restarted
the install with

upgradepkg --reinstall --install-new /packages/slackware/$f/*.tgz

where $f is the last good directory in a list of subsequent pkg
directories.

It worked out and that box is now purring along on Slack 12, awaiting
the next upgrade.

I will note that /sbin/ldconfig was complaining all over the place about
broken libraries.  This was confusing me, but as soon as the reinstall
did its work, those warnings went away.

Okay, that's it. Thanks for your time!

Dave