[ale] x2go part deux - gnome

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:22:44 EDT 2014

If the java tool window doesn't supply scrool bars, the desktop window
manager won't be able to do much. You can try to reduce the font size
either in the app or the desktop. Or close out the x2go session completely
and change the x2go screen size to something bigger.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at dsservices.com>
wrote:

>   Anyone have ideas on how to make an X window fit within a single or
> allow me to have scroll bars to go up and/or across if it doesn’t within a
> Gnome 2.x?
>

> Specifically I’m interested in making this work in an x2go Windows 7
> client displaying the desktop from a RHEL6 server.
>

> DETAILS:
>
> OK I successfully got x2go installed on a couple of RHEL6 servers and also
> got the Windows 7 client installed.   I’m now able to see the gnome desktop
> (default for RHEL6) on the client and able to open various X windows within
> the desktop.
>

> The specific application I’m using although it is launching an X window is
> being kicked off by a Java process.   I’ve noticed that its borders are not
> reachable (either in the x2go session or in the Hyper-V console [I don’t
> have a choice about Hyper-V as the hypervisor so don’t tell me to change
> it]).   I don’t really think this is an x2go issue per se since their web
> site says it should work in Gnome 2.x without any work arounds but I’m
> trying to figure out how I can put scroll bars on this so the users can
> navigate within the X window it spawns OR see it all at once within Gnome.
>

> *Jeffrey C. Lightner*
>
> *Sr. UNIX Administrator*
>

> DS Services of America, Inc.
>
> 5660 New Northside Drive NW
>
> Suite *250*
>
> Atlanta, GA  30328
>

> P: *678-486-3516 <678-486-3516>*
>
> C: *678-772-0018 <678-772-0018>*
>
> F: *678-460-3603 <678-460-3603>*
>
> E: *jlightner at dsservices.com <jlightner at dsservices.com>*
>

> Athena®, Created for the Cause™
>
> Making a Difference in the Fight Against Breast Cancer

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged
>
> or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended
>
> recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
>
> copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information
>
> is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic
>
> transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that
>
> you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*