[ale] {Disarmed} Re: {Disarmed} Fwd: Under Attack, my dns servers

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Oct 7 08:22:17 EDT 2014

On 10/07/2014 06:39 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 10/06/2014 06:32 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
>> The new ones are either Motorola or 2Wire (Pace).  They're not using
>> Ciscos now.  My current one is a 2Wire but it's about one generation
>> behind their current offering.  Mine is the HGV 3801 (black) but it
>> doesn't support IPv6 (currently).  The next one up is the Motorola NVG589.
> mine is also the 3801HGV.. installed about 7 months ago.. March actually..

I'd be happy if they stopped polluting the wifi spectrum by using channels
besides 1, 6, 11 - especially in single-family residential areas.  Sure, in
condos and apartments, it may be the best choice available to use the
overlapping channels 2-5, 7-10, but certainly not in the suburbs.

BTW, in a prior job, I worked with DSL techs across the SE. Don't know if they
know IPv6, but AT&T didn't always support DSL either. It takes time to roll that
knowledge out, but eventually it becomes core.  Just like I don't know much
about practical IPv6 (I just blacklist it now).  When I need it, I'll learn it.