[ale] Slackware 12.0 installation scripts

David S Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:19:38 EDT 2014

On 10/06/2014 03:13 PM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> What about backup first. Do you have a lot of customisation of the slack.

All backed up.

Back in the day I did customize, but since I've been upgrading to catch
up, I've kept it pretty vanilla.  The whole /usr/local area was so old
there wasn't much worth keeping.  Lots of that stuff has since been
rolled into mainstream slack anyway.  Or at least into the
slackware/extra category if not into the main distro.

But yeah, I had to hand edit my /etc scripts somewhat.

My main reason for even doing this is to catch up my skills and know
how, since I've been away from Linux for  several years now.  So I could
just nuke and repave, but that would defeat my purpose.  So instead, I'm
looking for details on testing installation success from the install
scripts and recovering from where I am at.

Do you know of a way to see any errors that the install scripts gave up?

Dave