[ale] Fwd: Under Attack, my dns servers

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 16:16:39 EDT 2014

On 10/6/2014 2:54 PM, Chuck Payne wrote:
> That's my problem. I am running Debian and I don't know a good, easy
> to use firewall. These servers are import because I used as a lab,
> everything was great until three weeks ago. :( These boxes are public
> facing, I do things running people need to access.

<snipped>

I'm sure you have fail2ban installed, so when you get sorted, take a
look at FireStarter, FirewallBuilder, EasyChains, Firehol, or ufw.

If you want to get more serious then there's Tomoyo or SELinux.

Incidentally, while I'm just now scratching the surface with SELinux, I
have noticed that it's WAY better than when I first tinkered with it in
the early 2000's.

Preston

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss