[ale] Something faster than X-Windows but more secure than VNC server?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:52:12 EDT 2014

1 session per client. You can launch multiple clients. You can have
multiple clients logged into a single server. But each GUI window
connection requires 1 client instance be launched.

That's why remmina is so useful for people who have to use multiple remote
connections - one window with multiple tabs.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at dsservices.com>
wrote:

> So the comment about "1 session"  for X2go concerns me.
>
> Does the "1 session" mean we can only have 1 session on the server that
> all clients see/access at the same time?
>
> If so it may not be what I need.  We have at least 2 people trying to go
> into separate sessions of the same X application at the same time from
> different MS-Windows desktops.   The X application lives on the Linux
> (RHEL6) server.
>
> Currently what they're doing is launching the X application from their
> individual PuTTY sessions using X tunneling back to Exceed on their MS
> Windows desktops.   They can be in the two different application sessions
> at the same time but the "1 session" comment makes it sound like this may
> not be possible for X2go.
>
> That is to say I don't want them to share a single application window but
> rather each have their own.    I'm more interested in the application than
> the Linux desktop being shared out which is why we were doing it this way
> but don't mind sharing out two Linux desktops each with its own application
> session if that is the way it works.
>
> Does Remina or Xrdp allow for multiple desktop sessions to be shared (or
> more to the point multiple application sessions)?
>

> Athena®, Created for the Cause™
> Making a Difference in the Fight Against Breast Cancer

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged
>
> or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended
>
> recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
>
> copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information
>
> is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic
>
> transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that
>
> you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*