[ale] Linux Mint 17 Not Recognizing Printer Device

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 22:01:02 EST 2014

You're going to have to start going backwards with kernel versions to find
one without issues. Then read change logs to find who changed foo on the
USB stack and write them directly with your corner case. Be ready to
compile kernels with patches to test.

Or it's hardware. Poor power can cause flaky USB insertion. No good
solution for on a laptop.