[ale] Semi-OT, Windows as VM guest

Ken Cochran kwc at shell.TheWorld.com
Fri Nov 28 17:52:06 EST 2014

If it'll run QuickBooks Pro, a few different automotive
diagnostic applications (a couple of which are proprietary
& dongle-activated) and a proprietary photo-processing
application, I'm interested, but I don't have a box to test
it on.

All these applications require XP or later.  QuickBooks requires
Win7 or later (and from their docs, non-emulated & probably
not in a VM), but does run in XP, albeit with errors & crashes
if up to its current patchlevel.

None of these will run in WINE or CrossOver and getting any
of them to ever run in emulated-Windows is unlikely.

-kc