[ale] Pad or Netbook w/Touch Recommendation.

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 09:23:47 EST 2014

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Neal Rhodes <neal at mnopltd.com> wrote:
> without getting into the technical merits, a bit of advice w.r.t. this kind
> of project:
> - Nobody will remember if you saved the organization $100 by using $1000 of
> your time.

The budget is what it is, and it's always worth a little of my time to keep
a corrupting proprietary disease out of a beloved community.

> - Nobody will forget if it doesn't work and it's an oddball/offbrand ("not
> an iPad").

Anything running customizable (Libre) Software, wifi, a web browser,
and USB ports will work, so an iPad and it's walled garden lockouts
is broken from the get go as there is no way to focus it on being
just a single destination web kiosk.