[ale] Linux Mint 17 Not Recognizing Printer Device

Stephen R. Blevins stephen.r.blevins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:28:06 EST 2014

I seriously doubt hplip is the root problem.  The more I work with this
the more I am inclined to think it's a USB problem.  It doesn't seem to
matter which USB socket I plug it into, it doesn't show up under lsusb,
or lshw.  I've been having flakey "permission to mount" issues with
thumbdrives, too.  None of these issues appear on any forum I am
familiar with.

More suggestions?

Stephen R. Blevins
stephen.r.blevins at gmail.com