[ale] Getting Wireless to work in Yoga 3 Pro

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:45:24 EST 2014

Hiya folks,

I'm super excited about my newly acquired Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I quickly
dual-booted it with Ubuntu 14.10 and ran into the issue of the wireless
adapter not working. Luckily there was an option in the "System update" for
"Additional drivers." Sweet! I used the Broadcom drivers provided,
connected to my wireless router and proceeded with the full install.

Once I rebooted I'm unable to use those same drivers nor do I understand
how to make the drivers work. I did some searching and right now most of
the Internet is providing fixes for the Yoga 2.

One of the solutions presented is to remove the "ideapad_laptop" (rmmod
ideapad_laptop) module and then restart network-manager. Unfortunately that
didn't work. Can someone point in the right direction of how to understand
wireless modules?

I just purchased a USB ethernet adapter so I can at least grab some updates
and header files. If I understand correctly I might end up compiling the
drivers from Lenovo's site. Thanks.

Broadcom Corporation BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter [14e4:43b1]
(rev 3)

--
*Marc Ferguson*

www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net

*"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"*