[ale] Difficulty of philosophy changes

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Sat Nov 15 09:21:18 EST 2014

Jim,

What do you mean:  You will replace Sat Server with Foreman, or you will
replace Sat Server with a newer version?  Have not yet played with Foreman.

Leam,

What I did (am doing) to solve the same thing is this:  buying 10 NUCs
w/Celeron dual core, virtual capable.  And thus I can load a "fully"
functional version of ubuntu OpenStack, or a CentOS version (using JUJU
for the first and Foreman for the second).  Price tag on that is about
$2800.  Not chump change, but not a room full of loud heaters either.
Shhhh, don't tell my wife.

No idea if this is going to be a good idea, but the thought of having a
room full of "servers" that take up a small footprint hanging on my wall
and costing me $11 in power per year just "seemed" smart.

Damon at damtek.com
404-271-8699