[ale] ALE Central meeting November 20 @7:30pm

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:29:01 EST 2014

I too do not have NFC hardware, but I made the choice of the NEO since it can run in both CCID and U2F mode, and I heard of stories where the NEO-n, left in the machine, would keep getting accidentally touched and causing havoc on things people were working on.  I’m a klutz, and I can totally see myself doing that.

Actually, depending on how things go during the meeting, I may have a few notes to share to get the Yubikey NEO to go into 3 way mode (which is what I am now using) to get Yubi OTP + CCID + U2F.  Note that the version 3 keys (use the yubi personalization tools to determine this) can do this, the earlier keys cannot.  The good news, for folks who haven’t bought in, or were just about to, is any Yubikey NEO (-n) bought through Yubico or Amazon will be version 3 keys, for sure.

bnm