[ale] ALE Central meeting November 20 @7:30pm

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu Nov 13 14:49:30 EST 2014

The Neo has 4 slots which can be used for different purposes. Currently, there
is a limitation on 2 of those purposes (only 1 at a time), but they claim a
management software update later will correct that. The Neo firmware cannot be
modified, so it is not a flash upgrade.

I've only played with the NFC stuff - had to enable NFC on the phone (which has
been disabled for 2+ yrs), then learn the slide-action to get the code read.
Don't think it will happen by accident, but distant reading of NFC devices 2m+
away has been shown in labs.

Haven't had time to do anything else with it yet. The U2F, OTP and other
capabilities are intriguing.  I'll keep using a Verisign FOB for really
important things, however. I'm still afraid of loosing system access by
misplacing it while traveling.