[ale] hard drive recorder and hdmi or component

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sun Nov 9 16:43:16 EST 2014

On 11/09/2014 04:31 PM, Alex Carver wrote:
> You can't get HDMI recorders that will work with the copy protection
> enabled on STBs or other similar content devices (except for cameras).

There are ways.  However, I will not discuss breaking US law here. HDCP is the
issue. Going around it is illegal in the USA.

In other parts of the world, you might find a device which can do exactly what
you want. The all in one solutions are usually about US$450. There may be an
issue bringing it back to the USA.