[ale] Hollywood is making a movie about Alan Turing, but I already know it sucks

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Nov 6 15:49:15 EST 2014

In an era where "Brokeback Mountain" was made as a movie, "Glee" and "Modern Family" are made with openly gay main characters on TV and there is even a cable channel called Logo I doubt it can truly be said "Hollywood" isn't about making anything about "gay".

It IS true however that Hollywood is about making money.    While geeks like us (even those of us who aren't gay) might be interested in his story in all its aspects it may be true that the mass of folks aren't.    Of course most geeks like us already know Turing's story.

But then again entertainment folks have been wrong before.  Originally Friends was passed over by one network because they thought the masses wouldn't be interested in a group of NYC yuppies.   Years ago CBS canceled Beverly Hillbillies even though it had high ratings because a moron executive didn't want his network to be viewed as low class.