[ale] xfs vs. ext4

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:06:10 EST 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> It also deals much better with large files than ext (e.g. on a DVR like
> Mythtv).  I put XFS onto my newest Myth Backend and it's working very
> well.

I use JFS for that. Mainly because fscks and deletes are super fast. It's
also a nice file system for large files.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59