[ale] so queit :)

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Wed Nov 5 10:26:07 EST 2014

On 11/05/2014 09:52 AM, Raj Wurttemberg wrote:
> I built a new system for Kodi (f.k.a. XBMC). My goal is to replace Windows MCE and TiVo in our house.  Of course I installed Kodi the day before version 14 (beta) came out. Doh! Hahaha!
>
> I had held off on XBMC because with three 6-yo kids... Netflix is a requirement, and the XBMC team *just* got Netflix working on Linux. Yay!
>
> /Raj

Raj, you just saved my wife and I $100 on an Apple TV. We received one
of the Boxee v.2 beta models and Netflix recently started causing us
some headaches (frequent crashing requiring hard reset, etc). We have
been talking about replacing the thing with an Apple TV for weeks now. I
will be loading XBMC to my (recently found) Rpi tonight! If it works
I'll have to go pick up one of those nifty Logitech HTPC TV
remote/keyboard devices.

Overly excited!
--
Ted W. <ted at xy0.org>