[ale] Filtering spam on self hosted mail servers

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Mon Nov 3 15:29:00 EST 2014

It's not ideal, but I've had good success with spamassassin / spamc.

I typically run it per-user, marking the message w/ a flag keyword in the subject line then stuff the marked messages into a different folder.

Initially, I just let the marked messages go to the normal inbox until I trusted the filter to not mark 'good' messages.

Let me know if you want details.

You can also run it during the postfix mail reception process so you can reject it 'before delivery'.

later!
   horkan