[ale] [OT] First Programming Language for Adult??

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Thu May 29 18:27:15 EDT 2014

My considered opinion on "how to learn to program" is here:
http://blog.jdpfu.com/2011/10/19/how-to-learn-to-program
It also has links to respected resources to actually learn this stuff.

I'd also say that there is a vast difference in learning to program to get
things done and learning to program for a day-job.  For a day job, I would avoid
all the languages that everyone else in the world (especially China/India) are
learning.  Why compete with 2+ billion other people?