[ale] zypper install remove conundrum, kindly help

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:20:39 EDT 2014

Hi:

Thank you for your time and attention in advance.

I have buillt an rpm like this

Code:

narahari-test-80-1.noarch.rpm
narahari-test-81-1.noarch.rpm

When I install the narahari-test-80-1.noarch.rpm using the command

Code:

sudo zypper -vvv --non-interactive in -C narahari-test.noarch=80-1

the version 80 gets installed.

Now when I go and try

Code:

sudo zypper -vvv --non-interactive in -C narahari-test.noarch=81-1

the install goes thru fine.

However when I do
Code:

rpm -qa | grep narahari

I see only
Code:

narahari-test-81-1

As you can see the
Code:

narahari-test-80-1

is not available and it is getting removed and 81 is taking its place.

My requirement is that both of these should be available side by side

So not sure what I am doing wrong or I have understood wrong about packages

PS: If I install the rpm's directly using the
Code:

rpm -ivh <rpm name>

command, both rpm's co exist in the rpm db

Can I please get some help ?

Thank you for your time and attention in advance.

-Narahari