[ale] Is this BS?

John Heim john at johnheim.com
Sat May 24 14:24:20 EDT 2014

He's not a Windows marketer, he's just somebody on a list who said it
wwas dumb for people to switch to linux for security because linux isn't
more secure than Windows.

I already gave up arguing with him because he said things like, "You're
not really going to get a ton of viruses in Windows if you're careful."
How are you going to argue with that?

I have no doubt that the guy is both quite knowledgeable and sincere. I
think he's arguing in good faith. I just think he's absolutely and
totally wrong. It's funny how even something that should be as clear cut
as which operating system is more secure comes down to how you shade
things and what you consider important. I guess with all this stuff,
politics, religion, technology ... you just have to let the marketplace
of ideas settle things eventually.

I sure would have liked to kick his ass though.