[ale] An upgrade broke udev, I think.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 22 07:37:17 EDT 2014

What kernel and distro version? I think udev is the standard across most
distros since kernel 2.10

Check dmesg output for some insight into what the kernel thinks it can
find. /etc/udev.d/ should have rules about devices and connections.

Lastly, if the hardware is seen and loaded, i.e., correct /dev/cdrom links,
then the fault may be in the automount or permissions.