[ale] keeping an antique running for another 3 months

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat May 17 06:08:18 EDT 2014

On Friday 16 May 2014, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> Running an out-of-date Fedora.

One year, two... five? Fess up:) Top six and earn a bow from an apprentice.

> Trying to update Firefox as more and more web sites are whining about it.
>
> Down loaded current firefox and unpacked it into /home.
> When I try to run the executable, I get this error:

By run do you mean $ ~/firefox/firefox ? Try a slightly older Firefox, rather
than the most recent.

I have Firefox 12 running with Mandriva 2008.1 so it is almost 5 years newer
than the distro. Nothing to be proud of, but proves this is possible.

And yes I need to upgrade!
--
William