[ale] broadband ISP

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Tue Mar 18 13:02:15 EDT 2014

I've been happy w/ Atlantic Nexus DSL for several years (www.atlanticnexus.com, www.atnex.net).  I do have to reboot the modem occasionally, but I'm pretty sure that's either an AT&T DSL problem or something w/ my modem, not something that AtNex is doing.

Note that you'll still need to keep a landline phone active (about $34/month), unlike the AT&T DSL or Comcast offerings.

For full disclosure, I should also note I'm considering Comcast Business for the extra bandwidth, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Do you need static IP or open port access?  If you're not running your own server, you'll probably be ok w/ just about any of 'em; esp. if you can have a windows machine handy to show 'em the problem happens there too.

later!
   horkan