[ale] Recommendations for Domain Registrar?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Thu Mar 13 17:19:36 EDT 2014

Scary stuff.

Some years back one of our Network Solutions domains got pointed to some other DNS servers and we got it pointed back but they wouldn’t tell us what had happened.   A week or so later I found an article saying it had happened to other domains there.

This past Friday that very same domain got renewed for 5 years based on what appears to be a called in Social Networking thing.  Luckily they didn’t move the domain or actually change the official contacts.  I think we’ve raised enough of a stink about it that they’d have a hard time claiming we sold it.   My calls to them have not given me a warm fuzzy that they either know or care what actually happened Friday.

However, we do have over 300 domains with them and I’ve not seen those kind of issues on any of the others.   But then again I don’t get weekly offers from others to buy those domains and do this one.

Not long ago web.com bought Network Solutions so I’m afraid there may be flux in the organization allowing for more social engineering.