[ale] Hardware RAID5 recovery in software

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:37:41 EST 2014

If you lost one, you should be able to replace that drive and raid
will rebuild itself.  Have you tried to move all three drives and the
card to a computer works? I have done this on Dell, but I will note
that the machine were the same model, and I was able to rebuild the
raid on the new machine once I replace the drive.

Pup

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:
> You are going to have to probably go a step further -
> If you want to recover the data from the degraded RAID 5, you are going to need a RAID adapter from the same manufacturer, and preferably the same model.
> Allen B.
> --
> Allen Beddingfield
> Systems Engineer
> The University of Alabama

Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want
Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org