[ale] Making kids stop being entitled slackers with free software

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 08:53:14 EST 2014

I start it to build a box with my old p4/1GB RAM PC for wireless access
point for my kids phones to prevent going to "bad" sites. I put second NIC
and installed base debian. Then apt-get install dansguardian squid. There
is few touch-ups on the config files. So far content blocking works fine.
Not sure what to use for "access time control" but I will figure out. And
may be password for allowing internet access. Not sure.

Before I have tried Endian Firewall Community edition. You may give a shot
as well.

http://www.endian.com/us/community/overview/