[ale] Making kids stop being entitled slackers with free software

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 07:40:06 EST 2014

Squid is a great tool for this issue. League of Legends is on my sh*t list
and is about to get slammed off for the same reasons.

I plan to let things run unfettered for a week to collect enough site
access data to pull the plug effectively.

If I find the morons who pay kids to play games for them to run up their
scores, and thus creating "professional" gamers, I would probably pop a
gasket all over them. Actual reading is still a vital skill. Reading books
used to be entertainment. It doubled as a skill practice. I'm seeing
reading not happening as games, mostly horridly stupid, repetitive crap
games, are the dominant entertainment. The argument that LoL requires
strategy doesn't cut it with me. Ditto on it being a type of real-time
chess. BS. Total BS.

rant off. I feel your pain, brother.