[ale] kernel 3.2 panics

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 16:40:54 EDT 2014

lilo. that's a dusty corner of what's left of my mind.

OK. so change the new kernel entry to be /dev/sda2 instead of the UUID and
rerun liloconfig and try again on the boot. It's possible the new kernel
really can't use the UUID and that's why it's choking.

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Alex Carver <agcarver+ale at acarver.net>
wrote:

> It's lilo.  It autoconfigured the root UUID of the partition for that
> particular entry.  The old, working entry uses append="root=/dev/sda2"
> while the new one is append="root=UUID=<long UUID>" where the UUID does
> match that reported by blkid for /dev/sda2.
>

> On 2014-06-24 12:56, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > So it's chocking trying to find the / partition. Verify the new kernel
> has
> > the identical grub line as the old one except for kernel and initrd
> > versions?
> > On Jun 24, 2014 3:51 PM, "Alex Carver" <agcarver+ale at acarver.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Pentium 2 is good for PAE.  So now it's down to figuring out what else
> >> could be going wrong.

> attempting

> always

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*