[ale] CentOS 7 RC 20140617 - Was: Re: CentOS 7 (Or: How I suck at Torrents)

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jun 18 04:01:00 EDT 2014

On 06/18/2014 12:23 AM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> ... which brings me to my question, which is how the hell to create a
> working one. :-)
>
> So far, any .torrent file I create doesn't seem to work in any client
> I can test in. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea
> what.

Figured it out.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ZCDdq8A3uGbXhLNkVWVWItQWM/edit?pli=1 -
Anyone can download this (700 KB torrent file), which will then let you
download the ~7 GB operating system. :-)

That is a .torrent file which is currently being seeded by two networks,
housing the 20140617 release of the CentOS 7 preview, including boot
media for the NETWORK-ONLY installer.

This directory tree serves the purpose of being a CentOS 7 repo, as well.

The original upstream URL, the one the torrent is effectively mirroring
(working again, as Red Hat repaired the domain a little bit ago):

http://buildlogs.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64-20140617/

Also, all the CentOS names are back up and on the Internet.  Yay!

I am very likely to retire the torrent for 20140617 once I have the next
one prepared, and if anyone is interested in notification for updates,
let me know (if enough people are interested I'll just keep posting
updates to the list).

Of course, I'm keeping a real close eye on when C7 comes out officially.
I'm liking what I'm seeing, and think I'll be quite happy with the 7.x
series.  :)

     — Mike