[ale] OT: Cell service provider recommendations

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:05:25 EDT 2014

Update to my cell provider:

We wound up calling Customer Service at ATT and managed to get someone
that seemed to know what they were talking about. We were able to cut
our costs down from $340/month to $175/month for services and then about
$190/month to include cost of 2 new phones and all the bs taxes.

I wound up with the HTC One M8 and my wife got the LG Optimus G Pro
which is more on the line of a Phablet has a really nice screen. Mine on
the other hand is larger than my old HTC but smaller than hers. It does
come with KitKat and hers came with JellyBean which is now updated to
KitKat, so software wize it's now close to mine. I do have plans to
switch to CM in the near future.

Thanks all for the advice. I obviously changed my mind about to T-Mobile
after seeing reports that it's going to be a hostile take-over by Sprint
and Sprint's Customer Service makes ATT's look like the world's best.
Also we were able to knock the costs down to what it would be with
T-Mobile and similar amount of service plan.

Scott C.

--
Sent to you NSA, the CIA, FBI and God only knows who else?!