[ale] Possibly Way OT: Live stream video to a file server for Live viewing

Michael B. Trausch mbt at naunetcorp.com
Wed Jun 11 11:41:13 EDT 2014

On 06/10/2014 03:41 PM, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> The original design theory was a wifi enabled camera on the press box
> and a laptop on the field the coaches can view. The camera would
> stream video to the laptop for streaming/replay. Streaming from the
> camera to local disk ( i.e. the RPi design ) won't stream the video to
> the field for viewing.

It'd require the use of something to split the stream and send to two
places at once... if you were to write a little app that read frames
from the webcam and then wrote them both to a disk file and a UDP
network socket...

You could also use one of those security-camera solutions with a DVR,
where you can use the laptop browser to interact with that. I don't know
how well those handle the features you're looking for, but I can't
imagine that it'd be difficult to implement them.

— Mike