[ale] Fwd: Comcast Converting 50, 000 Houston Home Routers Into Public WiFi Hotspots

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 17:29:19 EDT 2014

What adds insult to injury is that customers rent the equipment from Comcast, so not only are they paying for the equipment, but then Comcast is essentially reusing that without their explicit consent.

Makes me glad I decided to go with my own equipment a while back.  6 months of no rental fee savings pays for the cable modem purchase.  Setting it up with them was as painless as anything you have to work with Comcast about.

-Scott