[ale] Possibly Way OT: Live stream video to a file server for Live viewing

Dustin Strickland dustin.h.strickland at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:33:39 EDT 2014

I can't recall if the SoC on the Cubietruck handles
hardware-accelerated video, but the Cubietruck draws only a little more
power than the Raspi for a lot more horsepower(including gigabit
ethernet) and a SATA connector with enough juice to power a 2.5" HDD. I
realize it's probably just paranoia since many people trust their Pi's
to do their job with an SD card, but flash memory just isn't reliable
enough for my tastes. Plus, you can get a pretty sizable hard drive for
cheap(I got a 320GB one for about $26, compare that to the $/GB for SD
card storage).

Take my advice with a shaker of salt, however, as I have never owned
either of these systems.