[ale] OT: Comcast Wi-Fi

Vernard Martin vernard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:25:24 EDT 2014

On 6/2/2014 12:04 PM, Bob Toxen wrote:
> Btw, Comcast's advertised bandwidth is allowed for about 20 seconds and
> then I'm throttled back to one tenth of that!  It's very obvious on a
> scp of a gigabyte file.  In my opinion, that's false advertising!
>
> I'm also finding much of my video streaming rather choppy now!  (I
> haven't analyzed if it's at the web sites or Comcast.)

I also have been getting choppy and stuttering on Hulu as of late.
doesn't happen on Netflix or Amazon Prime so I assume its Yet Another
Example of the Death of Net Neutrality rearing its head.

I disabled my guest wifi at the moment but I might turn it back on at
some point. I actually *do* get clse to my 300GB/month limit :-)