[ale] sometimes you just need to reboot NOW!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 14:02:43 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com>
wrote:

> I had a "just shoot me" macro built into my X10 interface.  Any time it
> sensed an OFF command (like M15 OFF) it would initiate a delay macro
> that would issue a corresponding ON command (like M15 ON) after 5
> minutes.  Included a responding macro for the entire house code, so M
> ALL OFF would result in an M1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,15 ON
> sequence.  That was my "shoot myself in the head" recovery macro set
> that had me covered even in the case of a whole buss code off.

Since the request for a new rack is getting handled with _another_ PDU pair
with no remote power control, I will need to implement something like the
old X10 stuff I ran at home.

<sigh>

The good part is I can justify getting a BeagleBone Black box as an upgrade
to the RasPi :-)

Now if I can do a remote power detection and determine when the room power
is running on battery without actually wiring anything to the units...

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*