[ale] Slackware anyone

William Coles wcoles1971 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 13:21:34 EDT 2014

On 7/26/2014 11:37 AM, Boris Borisov wrote:
> Slackware 8.0 and 8.1 were my distro of choice back then when I had to
> build server. I've actually managed to fit base install + apache + php +
> mysql + pppoe server in 170 MB harddrve. We used in mainly for pppoe server
> but we did test some php scripting, slow but was working.
>
> The reason I'm asking is just curiosity. Nobody post questions for
> Slackware perhaps nobody using Slackware.
>
> Even I can remember reading anything on the web news ...

I used to run Slackware on an x86 machine (Pentium 4) back in 2002 or
so. That was my first time running Linux. It came on a CD included with
the _Unix Bible_ (2nd Edition). Now I've switched to the other side of
the spectrum, and am running CentOS because my interest is more geared
towards learning applications in an enterprise environment (i.e. systems
administration, security, etc.).

William