[ale] Centos

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jul 25 21:06:45 EDT 2014

To prove your point a little more: every time I have tried XFS, I lost data in days or less due to kernel oops problems in XFS code. Once I didn't even finish restoring a backup before something went horribly wrong.

Doesn't mean much, but I will absolutely admit I have bias against it. :)

I suffered crashes and corruption in btrfs early days too, when I was testing it actively it's first few years of life. The first time I used the multi device functionality I got bit. Before I switched to it I tested it quite hard for weeks on a single kernel and actually read diffs and removed things I couldn't test until the fs was solid.

Now I use it on all my systems, though, because I really need the refcopy functionality. I use that nearly every day. I do not miss the days where "cp a b" took forever for an 80 GB file. I also love being able to have multiple instances of the same large file with minor differences (think block device images and large db dumps with minor sed transforms in multi step transformations) on a single BD even though the "real" storage might take up 10 BD. :)

Sent from my iPad