[ale] What did we want?

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Fri Jan 31 12:45:38 EST 2014

Just in the spirit of keeping the discussion rolling, I will note that
actually Apple has done a MUCH BETTER job of providing security updates
than Android.    This is likely more the fault of phone carriers than
Google.

The list of currently running Android phones which have no security
updates, or any android updates at all, is rather large, i.e. pretty
much all of them.   It seems the carriers lose interest in providing
updates after the phone is sold.

According to the chart I saw, pretty much all the iphone models can/are
updated.  Granted, there aren't as many models.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd
Verizon HTC Android phone user