[ale] [SEMI-OT] Skills for programmers/engineers?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 09:03:40 EST 2014

A question has been popping up in a few places and your thoughts would
be welcome.

If someone applies for a programming job in language "X"; what other
measurable skills and resume bullets should they have? For example:

1. Code in a public repository in language X
2. Skill in version control
3. If X is a web language, then a framework.
4. If X is an object oriented language, then OOP skills.

Not being a real programmer I'm trying to build my goal list and path.
Have also seen others who are  needing the same information.

Thoughts?

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission