[ale] SUSE Linux and repo confusion, may be repeat but please bear

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 22:27:01 EST 2014

Friends:

My office upgraded and gave us a new SLES 11 SP2 raw file built thru
Suse-Studio.

I installed the SLES 11 SP2 inside VirtualBox and  works fine.

I want to be able to install VirtualBoxAdditions and it is not working out
right.
The uname -a command says the kernel is 3.0.74-0.6.6-default.

I have to install the kernel linux headers that correspond to the kernel
version.

How do I go about searching repos that host kernel 3.0.74-0.6.6 headers and
adding those repos to my VM ?

I am trying to get a generic idea on how to find and add repos for a given
version of a given package.

If I add an open-suse repo to a SLES box will that work or is there catch ?

We have PPA's for Ubuntu or AUR for Arch, what is the equivalent on SUSE
world ?

-Narahari