[ale] Question about bind server behavior.

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Jan 25 14:53:23 EST 2014

1 of the 2 times a server I was responsible for got hacked was via bind.
Being hacked teaches a bunch of lessons.
* versioned backups!!  A mirror is NOT enough.
* don't run services on the internet that aren't absolutely necessary
* don't run bind without chroot, keep the authoritative server off the internet
* avoid running sendmail ... that's a diff "hacked" story.