[ale] moving an .iso

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Tue Jan 21 11:22:36 EST 2014

Later versions seem to support ext3.
Back when I updated to ice cream sandwich, the distro converted the
default data partition to ext3 for improved performance.
I haven't played with it beyond that.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Sean Kilpatrick <kilpatms at gmail.com> 1/21/2014 9:20 AM >>>
Damned if I know what file systems Android supports.  Once I found a
solution, I stopped looking.

One reason is to maximize portability.  All the major operating systems

can read an ntfs partition.  Not so with ext4.  If I were trying to
increase security I would use ext4 or one of the newer Linux file
systems
to partition the micro card.  In this case I wanted to be able to have

both my Linux laptop and my wife's Apple laptop read data off this SD
card.

Sean

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 08:28:46 am Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> Curious why one should use ntfs vs a Linux filesystem like ext4
> assuming there was no desire to put the SD card in a Windows system
at
> some point.
>
> Does Android not support Linux filesystems?   Does the sd card not
> allow for that?   Wasn’t the source a Linux system?
>

> From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
> Sean Kilpatrick Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 4:19 PM
> To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
> Subject: Re: [ale] moving an .iso
>

> Final report.
>
> file size limits within fat32 fs were the problem.
>
> Reformatted the micro sd card using this command:
>
> mkntfs -F -L micro /media/<original label>
>
> that took a l-o-n-g time because of having to use a USB-2
connection.

> But it worked.
>
> Once the sd chip was formatted ntfs, I was able to move the iso to
it
> without trouble -- just more time.
>
> The Android tablet can see the reformatted sd chip.
>
> So far, all is good.
>
> Sean

If this is an unsolicited spam message, please click this link to
report it:
http://control.eastcobbgroup.com:49285/contents/spamreport.shtml?rptid=43504&srvid=16vl15t