[ale] telnets (secure telnet) anyone?

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 16:18:08 EST 2014

The number of boneheaded things they’ve already told us to do indicate a clear misunderstanding of many things Linux.  One of the saddest was when they told the team that was working on this a printing issue was because we hadn’t configured a printer on the host OS.   When we pointed out that a) The printer IS configured on our CUPS print server used by all Linux environments and b)  We can print just fine to that printer from command line on the server that has their app they still insisted we configure the printer/CUPS on that server specifically.    Not surprisingly the application still didn’t print when we did that configuration and only at that point did they realize that they had to configure the printer inside their application to use the printer the OS was presenting to them.

Insert sad trombone sound here.

SO sorry, man.